January 2, 2009

January Update

So much has happened in the past several months it's hard to know exactly where to begin. Part of that is my fault for not updating on a more regular basis. However, with our new blog, fingers crossed we'll be a little more faithful in updating you all on where we are and what we're doing.

Asa is now talking a great deal and is full of life. He's a very busy boy and is obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine. For Christmas he got some more track, a few more of the trains, and Toby's windmill (windmillmill, as he says). He loves being outdoors and has a fairly large group of friends his age in the area.

Some photos can be found here:

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb252/asa62107/Dec%2008/

and you'll need the password: tntasab

Terra-Leigh and Asa are involved with some event almost everyday. Terra was busy around the Christmas period with events at church and we've also been helping with the 2 year old childcare at church.

I've finished my first semester teaching here at the University of Arkansas. Those of you wanting to see my fancy bio can look here: http://coehp.uark.edu/6455.htm I've been teaching a 12 hour load which meant that I have been spending a lot of time in the classroom. This semester I'll also be teaching 12 hours, but 9 of those hours are graduate classes. This means that I'll have a lot less students, but I'll be required to do a lot more preparation.

I was also fortunate to have had a textbook published this semester. It was a very long but in the end rewarding process. Here's a link to the book for those interested: http://www.benttreepress.com/products/desc/racquetball_desc.htm

We were very saddened to find out that our dog Ramsey has cancer and is unlikely to be around with us for much longer. He was dianosed 8 weeks ago and was given 3-4 weeks to live but is still the same dog he always has been. We're just grateful that such circumstances are occuring before Asa can really understand what's going on.

Please stay tuned to our blog and feel free to stay in touch with us via e-mail or on this website. We're still new to this process so please bear with us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fun blog, baghursts! :) i will be reading...

Anonymous said...

Very impressive bio. Well written.